Lost In Translation...

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Time to see the other side of the family...

Yesterday Rach and I met up with my Uncle Chris and Aunt Verity. They took us around the Olympic Park and we even got to go for a swim at the Olympic Aquatic Center. Definitely the nicest pool I've swam in ever...

Afterwards we met up with my 19 year-old cousin Penny and my 21 year-old cousin Robin and her boyfriend Adam. We had a nice lunch at the Newport Arms, which is a outside lunch place on the river. Penny eventually had to leave for her job at a nightclub, but Rach and I stuck around with Robin, Adam, and their friends. It was fun comparing our culture with Australian culture, discussing what each culture had and the other didn't, stereotypes... that sort of thing. In all, I feel like guys our age are pretty similar here, which they were shocked to hear.

Eventually Robi dropped us of at Manly Beach, one of the other popular beach areas in Sydney. There a bunch of cute shops and restaurants on the water, though most of them were closed by the time we got there. Rach and I got dinner at an italian restaurant and had some icecream afterward. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home