Lost In Translation...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Last full day in Sydney...

Rach and I attempted to get an early start but that apparently didn't work so well. Anyway, we took the ferry across the harbor to Taronga Zoo. It's a really good zoo in the sense that you can get pretty close to a lot of the animals. Rach and I paid to be able to take pictures with the koalas, which was cute. :)

After spending the day there, we made it out to Bondi to meet my mom's college best friend. Judy showed us around the eastern suburbs and she and her husband took us to dinner at an italian restaurant on north Bondi beach. Really great views. I had "spaghetti cooked in a bag"... which was literally cooked and served in a bag... kinda weird. Don't know what it did for the pasta, but it was still good. haha.

We leave Sydney today and I'm pretty bummed about it. It's been nice to be in warm weather, able to go to the beach, speak English, see my relatives, and just be in a laid back culture again. Alas, it is quite frosty (comparatively) in Japan. But Lyndsey gets here later this week and I'm looking forward to that. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home